Henry County’s Multimodal Transportation
With Metro Atlanta’s best access to the Port of Savannah, Henry County, is located only 20 miles southeast from downtown Atlanta. Positioned to serve as metro Atlanta’s connector to global transportation and distribution, Henry County provides multimodal transportation opportunities for businesses of every size and reach. With easy access to interstate highways, national train systems, and global ports, Henry County is ready to connect your business to the world.
Multimodal transportation highlights:
- 15 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – the world’s busiest
- Less than two hours away by air to 80 percent of the United States
- Direct rail service from Norfolk Southern Railroad
- Eight Interstate interchanges
- Out of 159 counties, we are #1 in new commercial truck interchanges
- Interstate 75, one of Atlanta’s main arteries that connects as far as Miami to Canada, runs through the heart of the county
- I-75 South Metro Express Lanes, 12 miles of new interstate capacity that features reversible lanes, comes through Henry County
- Best Metro Atlanta access to the Port of Savannah
- Henry County Airport includes a 5,800 foot runway with GPS approaches to both arrival ends.
- Henry County currently has several Xpress park-and-ride locations that provide commuters bus transportation to downtown Atlanta.